Saturday 20 July 2013

Checklist ticked by God

Well our checklist is going well, we've had all our jabs, got our malaria and chorea medication, a suitcase full of aid and raised all the funds we need. I am so grateful to everyone who has donated, sponsored my silence, bid on auction items or bought crafty bits from me to help us raise all we needed plus an extra £6 for the project. God has provided so well for us both and I feel incredibly blessed!


Now that our trip is only 7 days away I am a big ball of emotions. My tummy is full of butterflies which are equal parts excitement and trepidation. I am so excited to see what God has planned for me In Uganda, to see what the country and people are like and to get stuck into building and immersing myself in a different culture. I am nervous about what the food will be like, how well Chipman will travel and how we will cope without all the modern conveniences we are used to here in the UK!



So with all of this whirring around sleep has been hard to come by so at 1am the other morning I decided to put it all down in my journal. As I was writing I glanced up at my last entry, which I'm slightly ashamed to say was in January, and my closing prayer caught my eye. As I re-read through it I saw that all that I had prayed for had been answered. Not just one thing but all of them. Chipman had his injections and even though he really didn't want to he bravely battled through and even had 2 in one sitting! Our funds have been raised and we have even had enough to give a small amount extra to the project. £6 might not be a lot but considering that 7 weeks ago we still had £700 to raise it's not bad! We have got loads of toiletries, clothes and teaching stuff to give to those we will meet in Rukungiri. And lastly after emailing the team to explain a little of Chipman's difficulties with Aspergers and ADHD I got a beautiful email from another team member that made me feel so reassured that we would be well supported. These were not small things to ask for but then God is not exactly small himself and has been known to do much bigger things - I could list them all but that would make a very long blog post and they're all in the Bible! So when I looked back at that journal entry and saw how God had answered all my prayers I was blown away by God's faithfulness that was there in black and white.


 As soon as we booked our trip people have been asking how we will do it all in time, what will we do if we can't and my answer has been that it's in God's hands. Sometimes when I gave that answer it was because it was the right thing to say but in reality there was a little bit of doubt as the date drew nearer and the funds left to raise remained the same. But it really was in His hands. He has been in control of it all, my trust was not misplaced, even when i didn't feel it. He was right there orchestrating this amazing trip. God is one who fulfils His promises, is always there and listens to little ol' us. Our God is quite simply AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment